Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Referral Day

Tuesday, April 26th started like any other day at school for me, little did I know it would be the day that changed our lives forever! We had gone outside for fitness time and my kids and I were doing our walking. At 2:05 we were lining up to go in for SuccessMaker and I could feel my phone vibrating in my pockets. I took it out and I had a missed call from my social worker.  I knew it was our referral.

I got the kids in the lab and got them started and then I called her back. I got all the details and she told me she was sending us pictures via email. I HAD to tell someone, so I called my good friend, Jodi, and told her to get down to the lab NOW.  She literally ran the whole way.

I knew that I had to come up with a special way to tell Steve.  I knew I had bought a book from the book order that would be the best way. I made him sit down and unwrap his gift.  After he opened it, I told him, "That's our son." It was a priceless moment!

Even Ally had to get in on the action!

That's our son!


No comments:

Post a Comment