Thursday, April 7, 2011

The True Test of a Marriage

A couple of weeks ago, Steve and I moved our bedroom upstairs. We live in a small house and realizing that our child is going to require a lot of stuff, we decided that we would turn our downstairs bedroom into a "playroom" and our bedroom and the baby's room would be upstairs.

We worked hard and got the dressers moved up rather easily and then it was time for the bed.  We had thought ahead and replaced our box spring with a split one last December, but that huge pillow top mattress, that is so comfortable to sleep on, is not so easy to get up narrow stairs with a short doorway.

As we got the mattress started up the stairs, I looked at Steve and said..."This is a true test of our marriage, getting a mattress that should never fit up these stairs, up these stairs." We worked together and we got it! It took a lot of pushing from me and a lot of pulling from him, but we did it.

So, that was the first big step in getting our house ready for our new addition.  Of course, I have about 1000 other things that I plan on doing this summer to get ready, but I'm happy that we have a start.  Feels like we are really beginning to make some progress!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Steve long time no talk :)
    I am still very thankful to have you as my friend when we were in High School. I just saw that you were adopting. Apparently, facebook only shows me only a few people's news, because I just found out today. Jeremiah and I are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia. We have our last homestudy this week. Rusty and Tiffany are done with all their adoption stuff and are waiting on a placement. I am very excited for you. I will try to start following your blog more often.

    I think you are going to make an awesome dad!!! (I would say that a million times if it was not completely annoying :)). Your son is really cute and crazy lucky to have you guys as parents! Thanks Heather for having a facebook page and doing this blog. I am really excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete