Saturday, April 30, 2011

Surprising Mom and Dad

We knew that we wanted to do something special to tell my mom and dad about our referral. We knew that  we weren't working on Friday, the 29th, because we were going to our fingerprinting appointment in Des Moines, we decided that we would make the trip to Riceville after we were fingerprinted.

On a side note, being fingerprinted was a little stressful.  My hands get really dry and I had one finger that kept being rejected. Hoping and praying it isn't a big deal and we still get our I-600 approval.

We made up a rather elaborate story about not being able to get our fingerprints done that day and since we already had the day off, we had decided to come and spend the weekend with Mom and Dad. We told them that we would bring supper and we would see them in early afternoon.

I had made each of them a frame with a picture of Jax and here's the video of them opening them.



Here are a couple of pictures of Mom and Dad with pics of their newest grandchild!





2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I just watched this and I am bawling! That was so wonderful!

    --Courtney

    ReplyDelete