Saturday, May 26, 2012

Travel Day!!!

I can't believe that travel day has finally came and went. I don't know how many times I looked at Steve on the plane and said, "I never thought this day would come!" Well, it has come and went and it was the best thing ever SMOOTH!

I had spent the last week packing and getting everything ready for when Jax comes home. I packed and repacked these bags probably 100 times until I had everything exactly where I wanted it. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that knows me I guess because when we were skyping with my parents (yes, Chuck and Linda know how to Skype) before we left my dad said something about me packing and unpacking every bag. ANYWAY, here is the final group of bags.


We got to the Eastern Iowa Airport got through checked our bags and went through security. The worker at the American Eagle counter was very impressed with how close to 50 lbs each of our bags were. My hard work paid off! The flight to Chicago was 35 minutes. I had never been to O'hare before, but it was surprisingly easy to navigate. We got to our gate and waited to board Korean Air.

The big blue plane!



We got to board the plane and we were off. You want to know the best thing. We were sitting in a row of three ALONE. Just Steve and I. It was great. We could stretch out a little more. Really hoping that we get that lucky on the way back, because that would be perfect with Jax, but I'm not holding my breath.


The flight tracker at the beginning of the flight.



 It didn't take long and it was lunch time. I had chicken and pasta, but Steve ordered the traditional Korean meal BiBimBop. The best thing about it, it comes with directions on how to assemble it.
He thought I would like it, maybe on the flight home.



So thankful for light Coke on the plane!

After about 13 hours on the plane we had made it! 



I think I said it before, the flight really wasn't that bad. I watched a couple movies on Sky Theater: The Vow and The Lion King. Played a lot of Tetris and still pretty much love it! The next person that sits in 46C should be pretty impressed with HLB's high scores! I tried to sleep, but really never slept well. Maybe 20 minutes a couple times.

Once we got of the plane immigration, customs, and baggage claims were a breeze. We exchanged our money and then we went out found our van driver immediately and we were on our way to DMCville!



I will post pictures of our apartment later. Once we got back here, we got unpacked, showered, ordered a Dominoes pizza and were in bed by 8:00pm.

Well, that was only 5 hours ago and for some reason I'm awake. I think that my body knows that it's 11:00am in Iowa. I thought for sure that it was close to morning when I woke up, but not so much. We have a lot of sightseeing to do today, so I'm going to put in a movie and see if that won't put me to sleep!

Check back later for the adventures of our first full day in Seoul.....WAHOOO!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bibimbop is awesome! Bethany and Ike made it for me. Also, don't you love the fact that you can watch your own movies/shows on the plane? Can't wait to see pictures of Jax and his parents. :-)

    ReplyDelete