Thursday, May 3, 2012

My cup runneth over!

May 2nd, 2012 is not a day that I'm going to forget for a very long time. Two wonderful things happened today. The first is that Jax's EP has been approved!!!!! He now will have his Visa Interview and Embassy Appearance in Seoul and then we will get the call that he is ready for us to go and bring him home. This call should come in a couple of weeks. IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS!!!! Something that we have waited over a year for is happening IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS!!! I'm still in shock, but so so happy!

Then the #2 wonderful thing that happened today was a huge surprise from kiddos. After lunch today my kids were OFF! I mean they were chatty, not following directions and that is not 4B! They are normally very hard working, well-behaved kiddos, but today, something was different. During our video in Social Studies, kids were coming up and asking me, "How long is this video?" "Will the video be over by 2:30?" "How long until 2:30?" Well, I should have put 2 and 2 together, but my EP approval-induced high didn't allow for much clear thinking today. Then I got a call from the office, "Can you come down here for a minute?" Then I knew that those 26 little cuties were up to something!

I went down sat in the office wasn't allowed to look out any windows or talk to anyone.  Finally it was time for me to go back to my room....I walked in and they screamed, "SURPRISE!!!!" And what a surprise it was. There were cupcakes, cookies, jello-jigglers, pretzels, and the cutest little pacifiers made from mints. They had made a "Welcome  Home, Jaxson" banner and each signed it and wrote a little message to him, but the best part was the books, so many books. Each of my kids had brought a book for Jax and written a message inside to Jax, Steve, and me. Then if that wasn't enough Mr. Hippen's class walks in with more books and more gifts. My cup truly did runneth over!



I know how much Steve and I already love Jaxson, but to see and read how excited those 10-year olds are for the newest Brokaw to come home was the sweetest thing to see. So blessed to have the job that I do and get to spend my days with those sweet kiddos!

More pics of my great surprise!





3 comments:

  1. O.M.G. Did you just cry all afternoon? Cuz...I may have just teared up reading that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally teared up reading it too! How wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were delighted to surprise you too! It was so much fun planning and working with everyone to surprise you, Steve and Jaxson! It will be a memory that lasts a lifetime for our family especially Sophie. We are SO excited for you and can't wait to meet Jaxson SOON!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete