Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day Three

This post is going to be a mixture of what we did on day three and also some reflections of Seoul and a little reflection on the wide range of emotions that I'm feeling today.

I thought that I would start today talking about Seoul. Seoul is a very clean safe city. I've never felt afraid or nervous. We take taxis EVERYWHERE....I have gotten very good at flagging them down. Yesterday, there was a taxi on the other side of road, I motioned and he whipped around and picked us up. I attribute it to all the years of watching Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City!

I was worried about the language barrier before we arrived, but it really hasn't been a problem. Most places have both English and Korean options. The biggest language barrier is with the taxis and our hotel gave us DMCville's address and telephone number. We also have a map of Seoul that we usually just use to point exactly where we want to go. So far, so good!

Now for what we did today. We wanted to lay low today and not do too much. We started by eating breakfast at the hotel and then we were off to HomePlus. HomePlus is like a Super-Walmart. We walked around for a long time. We stocked up on some Pororo things and got some groceries.




Pororo the Little Penguin


We are staying very close to the Seoul World Cup Stadium and HomePlus is in the stadium. The stadium was built in 2002 for the FIFA World Cup. We had planned to go to HomePlus on Monday, but FC Seoul was playing a home match at the stadium and we knew that it would be crazy in the area. I wish we would have known about the match because it would have been fun to go to.

We then walked around by our hotel for a while and found a sandwich shop for lunch.



After that we came back to the hotel and hung out. We also took a short nap. Then we decided that our last meal as a duo would be Outback Steakhouse, mostly because it's close and I was wanting a little comfort from home.

Last night with just the two of us

I was reflecting on how much our lives are going to change in the next 24 hours. We are going to have a son. We are going to be responsible for another person's life and well-being. Steve and I have been together for almost 7 years. We have been able to come and go as we please. We have been able to pack up and go away for a weekend and not think about if we are taking a baby with us or getting a sitter.

There are so many emotions going through my head tonight. Fear, excitement, nervousness. I'm hoping that Jax's heart heals quickly.  I hope that he accepts us and learns to trust us. 

Well, it's time for bed and hopefully, we will be able to get some rest, tomorrow is going to be the biggest day of our lives so far!


1 comment:

  1. All very normal feelings for a new Mommy. :) I cannot tell you how excited I am for you two. I well up inside just thinking about what it will be like for you to finally see Jax in person and be able to give him a hug! The life change is a little daunting to think about, but you two will slide into your new Mommy and Daddy roles easily, I think. Whenever you and Jax are ready for it, there are 2 little boys at my house who would love to run around with him! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete