Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jaxson!

Happy Birthday, Sweet Baby Boy! It is such a mix of emotions that I'm feeling today. I'm sad, because we can't be together. I'm excited, because I know that you are going to have such a wonderful day with the only family you've ever known. I'm thankful for the wonderful gift that I have been given to be your mommy. I'm grateful that I have many, many more birthdays to spend with you.

To celebrate your birthday, your daddy and I decided to try our first Korean restaurant. WOW! Chopsticks are hard! It was very, very good. I ordered the curry udon and Daddy ordered the bulkoki, but really we both shared it. As we were walking out, we were talking about what we are going to order the next time we go.

You are soon going to find out that your mother takes LOTS of pictures, so of course there are pictures of our night out.

So many choices!


YUMMY!


Curry udon

Definitely struggling with the noodles!

While we were at the mall, we had to stop in the Hawk Shop and guess what.....they have a University of Iowa t-shirt in KOREAN! I just had to have it....love it!


Hopefully, you have gotten your birthday care package that we sent last month. Hope that you are loving your new clothes and toys. In couple of weeks, we are going to Chicago to celebrate our anniversary and I plan on doing lots of shopping and picking out some pretty awesome gifts for you! My "for Jaxson" list at Ikea is pretty long!

We hope that you have a great day and love you more than you'll ever know. See you soon :-)!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Birthday Jaxson! Hope you had a fun day celebrating!

    Looks like Mommy and Daddy had a fun night out in honor of your birthday... just think next year you will all be celebrating together!

    -Jodi Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Birthday Jaxson! Looks like mommy and daddy had a great night out to celebrate your 1st birthday! You're 2nd birthday will be the best one ever!! You have amazing parents waiting for you little guy!

    Jodi Romoser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I saw you on a blogroll! Our kiddos have the same birthday!...Arlo was born Sept. 20, 2010 and we are currently a waiting family. We are expecting to travel in spring of 2011! Happy bday Jaxson...hope it was a lovely day!
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete