Thursday, July 28, 2011

Long time no blog...

Well, it's been awhile since I've written.  There's been a couple of reasons. One of the reasons was that my family was blessed the beginning of July when my sister gave birth to a little girl, Sophie Ann.  She is just a doll! So, I have been making a lot of extra trips to Iowa City to see her.
Sweet, Sweet Sophie


Another reason I haven't written is because it has kind of been a roller coaster month in the adoption world. In June, we had heard that the Korean ministry had decided that there would be no new emigration permits (EP) applied for or approved, but they did say that there would be permits in July.

The emigration permit gives a child permission to leave Korea to live in the United States. It is the last piece of paperwork that needs to be filed. So, no new permits in June added one more month to our wait.

Well, we found out in July that there would be no new permits AGAIN! So, again another month is added to our wait to bring our son home.

Needless to say each time I got one of those emails there is a wave of emotions. I go from angry to sad to hopeful and back to angry and sad. I thank God for Steve because he really is my sanity through this whole thing! I'm so very blessed to have him in my life!

So here we are, it's the end of July. I'm asking for lots of prayers that the EP situation gets figured out.  That things start moving very quickly and Jax gets home as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment