Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

I think that Tom Petty definitely said it best, all though then it went something like "The wai-ai-ting is the hardest part."  Either way you say it or sing it, it doesn't change the fact that waiting for something that you've wanted for years is never easy or quick!  This is definitely the lesson that Steve and I are learning this summer!

Last week, I constructed a list, a list of all the things that I want us to get done before we bring Jax home. Some are easy things like hanging new curtains in his room or cleaning out the hall closet (both of which Steve and I got done this weekend) to more difficult things like painting the toy room or cleaning our non-self cleaning oven (the task I'm probably dreading the most). Then there are the things that I can't do at all like put in our new front door and storm door, but each thing that gets done is one thing that I can do to take my mind of the waiting.

We have done our last two requirements on our side of the adoption.  We applied for our I-600, which is permission to bring Jax into the United States, and we finished our Parents in Process class.  We finished the class a couple of weekends ago in Des Moines.  Steve and I love to get away for a night or two and we definitely had a great weekend.

We went to class on Saturday and it was a small class, only 3 couples, but we met another couple that is adopting from Korea and whose timeline is similar to ours.  It has been great to become friends with them and help each other through this crazy process.  Courtney pretty much talked me off a ledge when filling out our USCIS paperwork, well, maybe not a ledge, but she did help me find the answers to all my questions!

After the class we went to the movie, Hangover 2, and then for supper at Famous Dave's.  Steve loves BBQ and we don't go out for it often, so he was pretty excited about that. So excited that he took pictures of our meals :-)!






Another highlight of the weekend was when we went and registered at Target for all the things that Jax is going to need.  Steve loved using the gun and I loved picking out everything for him!

So this summer is going to be spent waiting...waiting for emails, waiting for time to pass, waiting for Jax to come home.  Each night before I go to sleep I thank God for the day, the day that is over and makes me one day closer to having our little man home!

1 comment:

  1. It will be worth the wait, Heather, and once he's here you'll look back on these days as a blur. I am so excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete