Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A little behind....Weeks 2 and 3

Well, it was bound to happen, I just didn't think that it would happen so soon, but I'm behind in blogging. I had the intentions of writing about week 2 last week during Jax's nap, but some days nap time just got away from me and to be honest most of those days I would much rather snuggle with Jax. He's so cuddly when he's sleeping. I just can't help it!

We had a few firsts in the last couple of weeks. We had our first time going to the park with friends. Thanks to the Humphreys girls for wearing Jaxson out, which led to our second first: falling asleep in the high chair during lunch!



Jax is adding to his English vocabulary every day! He has added Ally (our dog, but he uses Ally for the dog and cat), cracker, and No (which he says with a lot of authority). He will say Momma and Daddy, but not all the time. I'm amazed every day with how much he understands! 

I worked last week on teaching Jax his body parts. We worked on nose, eye, mouth, and ears. NEVER did he say the words for me. Sunday we were celebrating Father's Day with our family and my sister Stephanie was sitting with Jax in the back seat. She started asking him where his eyes were and the little stinker says "EYE" and then he said "NOSE." He must really love his Aunt Steph! 

He has started to feed Ally, but it's not feeding Ally by putting food in her dish. He actually walks to her dish takes out two pieces of food (one for each hand) and walks them over to her and feeds her. It's so stinkin' cute. Ally just takes it from him so calmly. We really worried about how Ally would do when we brought Jax home, but she has been so awesome! 


We have now successfully gone to church two weeks in a row and both times a good friend was good enough to document it for us! I got us to church on time, but not with a camera! So far, Jax is doing very well during church. He's a toddler, so he gets a little squirrelly, but honestly, I couldn't be happier with how well he's doing. 

Our first Sunday


Celebrating Steve's 1st Father's Day

It's been very hot in Iowa lately, which means, POOL TIME! Jax is loving his backyard pool (Thanks, Choley) and today we went to the big pool for the first time and he loved that also. It took him a little while to warm up, but once he did he was loving it! 




A few more pictures of the last week:






There are times when I catch myself just staring at him sleeping, just soaking up everything about him that I can. I love the way that he bites his bottom lip when he sleeps and sometimes when he wakes up in the night he'll start sucking on it. I could stare at his sweet face for hours. We're just so blessed that God chose him for us. That we have been entrusted with this precious boy. That we get to be his parents. 



1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I thought maybe you'd given up blogging! Horray for adorable new Jaxson pictures. Looks like he's doing great!

    ReplyDelete