Friday, April 6, 2012

Give me an E, Give me a P, We've been submitted!

I've been waiting for a LONG TIME to get an email telling us that we are submitted for our Emmigration Permit. I have wondered what it would feel like to see that those magic words in the subject line and then on Thursday, April 5th, there it was: "EP will be submitted tomorrow"


The day started like this....I was home today and had a list of 1,000 things I wanted to get done. Let me tell you by noon I was well on my way to completing my list. So well on my way that I had lunch with a friend and still thought I could get everything done. I got home and was going to start on my list again, but thought I should really email my husband. I couldn't even believe it when I saw it. There is was...the email we had waited so long to receive.  Instant tears, not oh little tear trickling down my face, full on red eye-inducing bawl.

I had to call Steve. I could barely get the words out. Then I forwarded him the email. The email that I really hadn't read passed the your child will be submitted. The next hour is a blur. I know I called my mom and we shared some tears. I called my sister who was as much in shock as I was. In fact, she was speechless. I had emailed and "chatted" with some other adoptive parents.

I still think about it now and can't believe it. We have been submitted. We will wait about a month for it to be approved and then we'll travel to get Jax 1-4 weeks after that. Sometime in May, my son will be in my arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment